This AES/LMAG meeting will be an excursion into the world of Suspension-of- Disbelief and Adrenalin-Pumping amusement rides. This high-tech world is rapidly evolving from the Biggest, Highest, and Fastest to the Interactive, Dynamic and Immersive. Technology is continually pushing the limits of the wonderful world of amusement rides. Behind the scenes peeks will be provided. Secrets could be revealed.
David Collins’ presentation is an informative and non-technical romp through an evolving world of fun and entertainment for boys and girls and children of all ages. This will be a good start to a wonderful summer of fun and relaxation.
- Vitesse Semiconductor, 741 Calle Plano, Camarillo, CA
- 6:30pm (refreshements), 7pm talk, Thu 26 May 2011
- Sunil Pai, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please join the MTTS chapter for “Game Changing RF Photonic technologies” presented by Dr. Lute Maleki, President and CEO of Oewaves, Inc.
- Ciao Wireless, 4000 Via Pescador, Camarillo, CA 93012
- 6:30 refreshments, networking, 7pm presentation Wed. 18 May 2011
- Momin Quddus/Tom Campbell email@example.com
Members interested the Robotics and Automation Society are invited to an organizational meeting 7pm Thu eve, 21 April at It’s a Grind coffee in Moorpark.
The last few years has seen intense interest in robotics, and numerous companies in and around Buenaventura Section work in this industry. The meeting is to discuss the direction of the RAS chapter and gauge member interest in setting up meetings and electing officers. Please also bring ideas for speakers, agendas, and meeting locations.
- It’s a Grind Coffeehouse in the Moorpark Marketplace, 888 West Los Angeles Avenue Moorpark, CA 93021
- Good coffee and free WiFi, so bring your devices
- 7pm, Thu 21 April 2011
- Karl Geiger, Section Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you Thu eve.
Filed under: Computer, ComSoc, EMBS, San Fernando Valley
The San Fernando Valley Section is hosting the following events during the next month:
- Wed. eve, 20 Apr. “Making FPGA Technology Available to all through LabVIEW”
- Tue. eve, 26 Apr. “Impaired Driving in Virtual Spaces”
- Thu. eve, 5 May, “Capstone Turbine Corp. Factory Tour”
- Sat. mid-day, 14 May, “Navigating a Career Transition While Staying Focused on your Retirement Plan”
- Tues. eve, 17 May, “Biomimetic Strategies for Dexterous Robots Prosthetic Limbs”
See the SFV 2011 Apr-May Events flyer for details.
Filed under: Buenaventura, Central Coast, Foothill, LA Metro, Membership, San Fernando Valley
This seminar is open to IEEE Section and Chapter officers/volunteers only.
Who should attend:
- Section Membership Development officers;
- Other Section Officers involved in membership development; and
- Chapter Officers involved in membership development.
Lunch will be provided. RSVP required.
- Cameron’s Seafood Restaurant, Pasadena
Please visit the IEEE Los Angeles Council site for more information.
American Society of Mechanical Engineers invites IEEE members Tuesday April 19, 2011, to tour BMW DesignWorksUSA. The tour is hosted byt Jackie Jones, Marketing Executive.
DesignworksUSA is a creative consultancy that’s been driving innovation for almost forty years. Acquired by BMW Group in 1995, DesignworksUSA enables its parent company as well as internationally renowned clients outside the automotive industry to grow their businesses through a portfolio of creative consulting services.
With clients including Coca Cola, Dassault Aviation, Embraer, HEAD, HP, Microsoft, Siemens, Intermarine, and Varian Medical Systems, DesignworksUSA is deeply immersed in a broad cross-section of industries. Combining cross-fertilized knowledge with strategic long-term perspectives and global context provided by studios in Los Angeles, Munich and Singapore, DesignworksUSA draws upon its
unique and vibrant resources to create the future.
Who should attend?
Mechanical Engineers / Designers
Local Business Owners
ASME Membership is not required to attend so pass the word around!
- 11:00 ~ 12:00 pm: (Optional, non-funded) Lunch at The Alamo Bar and Grill, 2311 Borchard Rd.
- 12:00 ~ 1:00 pm: Facility Tour and Presentation
RSVPs are required due to conflicts / competitiveness. Seating is limited.
RSVP to Kevin Moe (mailto:email@example.com) – Please indicate whether you will be attending lunch.
Visit the ASME Channel Islands Section website to check on upcoming events such as meetings, tours, and presentations.
We’re looking forward to seeing everybody, learning about the wide range of industries and applications that our fellow MEs are involved in and the valuable lessons learned of our colleagues. It can only make us better engineers!