Guidelines for Submissions
- Meeting notices need to include:
- Who is the speaker (bio)?
- What is the title?
- When and where is the meeting?
- Why it is of interest (abstract)?
- How do people register?
- Other articles, such as calls for volunteers, should also state the deadline for response.
- Please no “say something about X” submissions. Be specific about what you want said.
- If a submission includes an individual’s E-mail address, the editor must receive permission directly from that individual to include it in the newsletter article.
- Please make sure that the dates, times, and locations are correct throughout your submission, including any attachments and linked registration web pages.
- Keep in mind that the newsletter E-mail needs to convey information in text. Some people can only read text-based E-mail (e.g. vision-impaired individuals, some mobile devices, and many .mil addresses).
- Please respond to any questions from the newsletter editor. If the editor is having trouble understanding a submission, it is possible that newsletter readers will also have trouble.
- The publication date is the last day of each month.
- Events coming up within ~6 weeks should be considered as candidates for submissions.
- Approx. 7 to 10 days before publication, the editor will send out a call for submissions to section and chapter volunteers, which will include a summary of the articles already submitted.
- Approx. 4 or 5 days before publication, the editor will send out a draft of the newsletter to section and chapter volunteers.
- Noon on the day before publication: Deadline for new submissions.
The newsletter consists of the following sections:
- Table of Contents
- Local IEEE Events (chapter meetings and section events)
- Other IEEE Announcements (e.g. IEEE promotions, region events)
- Other Local Happenings (e.g. special events held by other engineering organizations)
- Reports on Previous Meetings