Officers and Volunteers
Training materials for Section and Chapter officers is available from the IEEE and our more experienced officers. This includes the 2015 New Officer Orientation Presentation (in PDF or PowerPoint), which in turn provides links to valuable information on our site and others.
See the Officer roles in Chapter 9 of IEEE Member Geographic Area (MGA) Operating Manual.
- An Officer is one of the elected positions: Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary.
- Each unit must have at least two Officers, typically a Chair and a Secretary/Treasurer.
- Officers must be IEEE Members in good standing (current dues paid). Any Member of Graduate Student level or higher (Profession, Senior, Life) may be an Officer.
- Officers of Technical Society Chapters must belong to those Societies.
- Chairs and Treasurers have a fiduciary responsibility to oversee Chapter and Section expenses and meet annual reporting requirements for the IEEE.
For Buenaventura Section, every Chapter Chair or a designated Chapter Officer should attend the monthly Section Operating Committee meeting to coordinate calendars and planning efforts across the section.
Volunteers need not be members of Technical Societies. Technical Society Officers should encouraged volunteers to become members of their respective Societies so that volunteers can learn more.
Chapter and Section Officers: please report the names and IEEE Member ID#s of newly elected/volunteered Officers and Volunteers to the Section Chair and Secretary ASAP. The Chair and/or Secretary will register new officers & volunteers with the IEEE Officer Reporting System to ensure these members get credit for service.