Join IEEE for 2015 and Pay Half Price!
Not an IEEE member yet? Join now and get half off membership dues, and all of the benefits of membership through December 31.
Benefits of IEEE membership include:
· Keeping Technically Current: Continue to advance your career and keep abreast of new and changing technologies. IEEE has the means for you to remain technically current through award winning publications, and technical societies.
· Career Resources and Recognition: Leadership is a skill that must be crafted over time. Keep your career moving in the right direction with IEEE career benefits and resources.
· Professional Networking: With other IEEE members who share similar interests, you can build a network revolving around your profession, industry or projects.
· Continuing Education: Keep growing with IEEE continuing education benefits and other educational opportunities available to IEEE members. These resources allow you to acquire new skills and advance your professional development.
· Discounts: IEEE members enjoy reduced rates on many proprietary products and services including IEEE books and eBooks, journals and articles, conferences and proceedings, standards, society memberships, and continuing education courses. In addition, members have access to a variety of affinity programs that offer savings.
· Humanitarian Programs: Volunteering is a rewarding way to develop interpersonal skills, create new professional relationships, and apply your expertise to help others.
· IEEE MentorCentre: Online mentoring partnerships for professional development, enrichment, and growth. Connect with IEEE professionals locally and globally.
· GoogleApps@IEEE exclusive for members: At no additional cost, members have access to ad-free Gmail, Google Drive, Google+, and Picasa, as well as a unique IEEE e-mail address and 30 gigabytes of shared storage.
IEEE is the world's largest professional association dedicated to advancing technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity. Learn more about IEEE, and see what notable IEEE members have to say about the value of IEEE membership.
IEEE Member-Get-a-Member (MGM) Program
IEEE Members: Consider sharing your IEEE membership experience and get rewarded for doing so. Through the Member-Get-a-Member (MGM) program, IEEE rewards your efforts in recruiting new members. Your local IEEE Section can also benefit. For each new member you recruit during the membership year (16 August 2014 through 15 August 2015), you earn an award that can be used toward IEEE dues, IEEE Society fees, or the purchase of IEEE products and services.
IEEE ComSoc Conference Chapter Challenge
If you have attended or are planning to attend any of the following conferences, we would be grateful if you let us know. Our ComSoc chapter is participating in a contest set by the IEEE Communications Society.
The chapter needs to demonstrate that at least 12 IEEE members from the Ventura County will attend at least one of 5 conferences from this list in 2015. Person to let know: David Pehlke email@example.com
· CCNC15: Jan 09-12, Las Vegas https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/conferencedetails/index.html?Conf_ID=33761
· CNS15: Sep 28-30 (Florence, Italy) http://cns2015.ieee-cns.org/
· CSCN 2015: Oct 28-30 (Japan) http://www.ieee-cscn.org/about.html
· DySPAN 2015: Sep 29 - Oct 2 (Stockholm) http://dyspan2015.ieee-dyspan.org/
· IM 2015: May 11-15 (Ottawa, Canada) http://im2015.ieee-im.org/
· INFOCOM: 26 April - 1 May (Hong Kong) http://infocom2015.ieee-infocom.org/
· SECON: 22-25 June (Seattle) http://secon2015.ieee-secon.org/
· SmartGridComm: November 2-5 (Miami) http://sgc2015.ieee-smartgridcomm.org/
· WCNC 9-12 March (New Orleans) - http://wcnc2015.ieee-wcnc.org/
· ICC 8-12 June 2015 (London) http://icc2015.ieee-icc.org/
GlobeCOM. 6-10 December, San
Diego, CA http://globecom2015.ieee-globecom.org/
IEEE Technical Talks
Apr 29, 2015
Engineering Innovation -
Do you know a high school student who might be interested in engineering?
If so, tell them about Engineering Innovation!
This summer, CLU is pleased to offer an introduction to engineering class for high school students developed and offered nationally by Johns Hopkins University. Engineering Innovation is an exciting college-level summer program for motivated high school students with an interest in, or curiosity about, engineering. Students learn to think and problem-solve like engineers and have the opportunity to earn Johns Hopkins University credit.
Completion of this course can be a real advantage when applying to college!
Contact Bob Rumer with questions not addressed on the website.
Find us online
Not a member?
Main site: www.ieee-bv.org